Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quotable Tuesdays

So its been an exciting day...more so than usual.  My hubby is home sick with a stomach bug.  The neighborhood kitty we take care of had to go to the vet.  He had a HUGE abscess on his cheek & it smelled like rotting flesh.  Come to find out some animal took a chunk out of his cheek & it was so infected he has uckies oozing out of it (plus it might have gotten into his system).  So, he has no fur on that side of his face with a huge nasty, smelly hole that needs to get over its infection before it will close up.  He's also wearing one of those "cones" to stop him from scratching it (aka "the cone of shame" for those who have seen "UP").  I feel so sorry for him because I can't make it better & he's a cat; I can't tell him what is happening & how it will get better.  It's not so bad because I was going to bring him in for the weekend due to a storm heading our way.  At least I also know he doesn't have any diseases my other kitties can get.  He's actually very heathly (other than the owie infection) for an outdoor cat.  He has impecable teeth.

Well that's my day.  Now onto Quotable Tuesdays....I bet we all need some pick-me-up quote to keep you going the rest of this week.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
  Charles R. Swindoll quotes


Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.






So, take some time to think about these quotes.  And have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment